Improving the Legal Effectiveness of IME’s
IME’s that emerge from The Litigation Support Advantage process contribute to better outcomes.
The Litigation Support Advantage is a process designed to improve the legal utility and effectiveness of the IME request and resultant examiners report.
The IME process is medical in nature and often lacks the focus, content, language, specificity and authoritative support required to make the resulting report and work product as legally competent and effective as it can be. NCEI’s proprietary process solves this serious problem.
Here’s How The Litigation Support Advantage Works
Our Litigation Support Advantage has two stages that impact the legal utility of the IME process both before and after the examination takes place.
Stage One: An IME Request Analysis
This systematic review of the IME request involves many assessments including but not limited to:
- Assessment and Indexing of all documents submitted for IME review
- Assessment of Pleadings to establish range of IME review
- Inventory of the Bill of Particulars to establish range of IME review
- Definition of examination parameters
- Recommendations on medical specialty and examiner selection
Smaller legal teams, the drive to cap costs and the highly consequential impact of discovery make NCEI’s Litigation Support Advantage a powerful solution
Stage Two: Legal Competency Review of the Examiners Report
The legal competency review does not seek to change the examiners findings or conclusions but rather improve the legal precision and resulting utility of the report.
The NCEI legal competency review includes but is not limited to:
- Language Review
- Content Review
- Specification of Tests & Assessments
- Citation Review
The Outcomes of NCEI’s Litigation Support Advantage
Some of the outcomes of The Litigation Support Advantage include but are not limited to:
- Optimizing the legal utility and effectiveness of IME’s
- Reduction of litigation costs
- Improved litigation effectiveness
- Enhanced claim and financial outcomes